SAE 2011 International World Congress to Focus on Automotive Propulsion Technology
The SAE 2011 World Congress will offer relevant technical information and innovative content when it convenes April 12-14 at Cobo Center in Detroit. Host company for the event is General Motors; the Tier One Strategic Partner is LG Chem.
The theme of the SAE 2011 World Congress is "Charging Forward Together." The theme elicits not only enthusiasm, but a willingness as a community to expand the industry''s knowledge as a team. "Charging Forward Together" highlights the importance of continuing the evolution of automotive propulsion technology and energy efficiencyŚ as well as representing the continued recovery and progress in our industry.
"The SAE World Congress is a strong commitment to the individual engineer as well as the industry. There is no other place for those in the automotive community to gather and expand their knowledge and training; to walk away from every activity knowing more talented people and significant information than when they arrived," said Karl Stracke, Vice President, Global Vehicle Engineering, General Motors and SAE 2011 World Congress General Chairman.
Along with the technical program, the new SAE World Congress will feature:
- More time during technical sessions for attendee-driven Q&A with presenters;
- Technology focused lounges that will be open throughout the World Congress for informal gatherings. Those focus areas include:
- Safety and testing
- Powertrain fuels, lubricants, emissions and environment
- Electronics/integrated design for manufacturing (IDM)/materials/sustainability;
- Small discussion groups facilitated by industry subject matter experts;
- Daily receptions on the new, "innovators only" exhibition floor that is open to proven industry innovators and solutions providers; and
- Peer-to-peer networking opportunities.
Patti Kreh, Conference Director of the SAE World Congress said the SAE World Congress is about creating relevance for attendees. "The overarching goal of the event is to give attendees an opportunity to enrich their knowledge and their relationships," Kreh said. "Ultimately, this event, and the information offered, provides attendees with the tools they need to meet the challenges in today''s global market."
For additional information on sessions, topics and speakers at the SAE 2011 World Congress, visit website. To request press credentials, e-mail email@example.com .
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International''s core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International''s charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion« and the Collegiate Design Series.
Source: SAE International